Do you think your pet has the cutest, scariest or most original Halloween costume? ABC 23, THIStv, Antenna TV and FOX 8 have teamed up with Cambria Ebensburg Agway, Fetch & Go, Lead Me On and Gittlers Pet Store to bring you the “Howloween” Pet Costume Contest. Send us a picture of your pet dressed up in their finest for your chance to win a $50 gift certificate to each of our sponsors. The top ten winners will be selected to be displayed on our station’s Facebook pages for voting. The pet with the most votes will win the gift cards and appear with their owner on the FOX 8 Morning Edition News on October 31st! Send us your pet picture (one pet picture per email, please) and be entered for your chance to win the “Howloween” Pet Costume Contest brought to you by Cambria Ebensburg Agway, Fetch & Go, Lead Me On, Gittlers Pet Store, ABC 23, THIStv, Antenna TV and FOX 8.
Official Rules and Regulations for WWCP FOX 8/ WATM ABC 23/ THIS West Central Pennsylvania/Antenna TV Howloween Pet Costume Contest:
- No purchase necessary. By entering this contest, you agree and understand that your information will be shared with the contest sponsors (Cambria Agway, Fetch & Go, Lead Me On and Gittler’s Aquarium & Aviary) but will not be sold or shared with any other agency. The contest will begin on Sunday, October 1, 2017 and end on Thursday, October 26, 2017. (Contest Period)
- Ten winners will be selected on October 23, 2017 from all eligible registrations to be placed on the Fox 8 and ABC 23 Facebook pages. The pet receiving the most combined votes from both pages (from October 23-26) will receive a $50 Gift Card from each of the following: Cambria Agway, Lead Me On and Gittler’s Aquarium & Aviary (retail value $150.00). In order to be eligible, registrants must submit entry online including a picture of their pet in their costume at www.abc23.com or www.fox8tv.com. Registrants must meet specifications as outlined in items 3-20 of the official rules and regulations for the FOX 8, ABC 23, THIS West Central Pennsylvania and Antenna TV Howloween Pet Costume Contest. All entries will be eligible for the top ten drawing for Facebook voting and the top ten will be eligible for the grand prize drawing (retail value $150.00) provided they continue to meet the specifications as outlined in the rules.
- Entries must be received by 12:00 midnight EST on 10/22/2017 in order to be eligible.
- Individuals may only submit one entry per pet at www.abc23.com or www.fox8tv.com during the duration of the FOX 8, ABC 23, THIS West Central Pennsylvania and Antenna TV Howloween Pet Costume Contest.
- The top ten Winners will be notified on Monday, 10/23/2017. Top ten pictures will be posted on the FOX 8 and ABC 23 Facebook pages for voting on Monday, 10/23/2017 at 10:00 am through October 26, 2017, at midnight. Grand prize winner will be notified on Friday, October 27, 2017.
- The Grand Prize winner will be notified on Friday, 10/27/2017, at the phone number listed on the contest registration.
- The Grand Prize winner will appear with the winning pet in costume on the FOX 8 News Morning Edition (49 Old Hickory Lane, Johnstown, PA 15905) on Tuesday, October 31st at 7:00 am. Grand Prize gift certificates will be presented to the winner at that time.
- Contestants must be 18 years of age or older to be eligible to win.
- The odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- The Grand Prize is not transferable. Except as otherwise provided in the contest Rules, no substitutions or exchanges will be allowed. No cash value.
- Grand Prize Winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes. Federal regulations require the sponsor to issue a 1099 Form to the winner for any prize valued above $500.00. Grand Prize Winner will be required to sign and return a Liability/Publicity Release prior to receiving prize money. Grand Prize Winner will be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility that must include Winner’s social security number or resident alien identification number.
- WWCP FOX 8/ WATM ABC 23/ THIS West Central Pennsylvania/ Antenna TV do not assume any responsibility for electronic hardware, programming or software malfunctions, or failures, or line connections, accessibility or availability, or technical failures of any kind, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of any entry, email or other information, or for the failure to capture any such information, including those that may decrease or increase the chances of winning or participating in the Contest. Due to Internet delays and/or other technical issues, what you hear on WWCP FOX 8/ WATM ABC 23/ THIS West Central Pennsylvania/ Antenna TV online may be delayed or not functional or malfunctioning during certain times. These events may cause you difficulty in participating in the Contest. WWCP FOX 8/ WATM ABC 23/ THIS West Central Pennsylvania/ Antenna TV do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, including but not limited to technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost/delayed/garbled transmissions. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. In the event this Sweepstakes is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, the for WWCP FOX 8/ WATM ABC 23/ THIS West Central Pennsylvania/ Antenna TV reserve the right to cancel, terminate, or suspend the Sweepstakes and in such event, to select a winner by random drawing from among all valid entries received up to such time of cancellation, termination or suspension.
- All entries become the sole property of WWCP FOX 8/ WATM ABC 23/ THIS West Central Pennsylvania/ Antenna TV and will not be returned. For the name of the winner, available after the drawing, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Howloween Pet Costume Contest, c/o WWCP/WATM, 90 Lulay Street, Suite 1, Johnstown, PA 15904.
- WWCP FOX 8/ WATM ABC 23/ THIS West Central Pennsylvania/ Antenna TV, Cambria Agway, Fetch & Go, Lead Me On and Gittler’s Aquarium & Aviary are not responsible for accidents, injuries and/or death related to or arising out of the prize(s) being awarded or accepted.
- Prize(s) cannot be redeemed for cash unless specified above and must be accepted as awarded, or prize(s) will be forfeited. WWCP FOX 8/ WATM ABC 23/ THIS West Central Pennsylvania/ Antenna TV, Cambria Agway, Fetch & Go, Lead Me On and Gittler’s Aquarium & Aviary reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
- WWCP FOX 8/ WATM ABC 23/ THIS West Central Pennsylvania/ Antenna TV reserve the right to use the winner’s likeness, name, photograph and voice for any and all promotional purposes.
- Employees and family members of WWCP FOX 8/ WATM ABC 23/ THIS West Central Pennsylvania/ Antenna TV, Cambria Agway, Fetch & Go, Lead Me On, Gittler’s Aquarium & Aviary, their franchises, and their respective agencies are not eligible to enter or win this contest.
- Employees and family members of competing media (broadcast television, cable television, radio, newspaper) their franchises and their respective agencies are not eligible to enter or win this contest.
- In the event that the grand prize winner does not meet the requirements or fails to claim the prize as outlined above, the pet with the second most votes will be selected. Any alternate winner must meet the contest requirements as set forth. This alternate selection process shall continue until a qualified winner is selected.
- Dates for entering the Contest are 10/1/2017 – 10/26/2017. Compliance with the Communications Act of 1934 & FCC Rules
The above-described Contest and the posting of Material Terms and Rules is WWCP/WATM’s good faith effort to comply with the statutory provision regarding contests as set forth at Section 508 of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended (the “Act”) and the requirements of the Federal Communications Commission (the “Commission”) governing the broadcast of licensee-conducted contests set forth in Section 73.1216 of the Commission’s rules (i.e., 47 C.F.R. 73.1216). These rules require that a licensee that broadcasts or advertises information about a contest that it conducts shall fully and accurately disclose the material terms of the contest, and shall conduct the contest substantially as announced or advertised. No contest description shall be false, misleading or deceptive with respect to any material term.
- For purposes of 47 C.F.R. 73.1216, the term “contest” is defined as a scheme in which a prize is offered or awarded, based upon chance, diligence, knowledge or skill, to members of the public. “Material terms” include those factors which define the operation of the contest and which affect participation therein. Although the material terms may vary widely depending upon the exact nature of the contest, they will generally include: (1) how to enter or participate; (2) eligibility restrictions; (3) entry deadline dates; (4) whether prizes can be won; (5) when prizes can be won; (6) the extent, nature, and value of the prizes; (7) the basis for valuation of prizes; (8) time and means of selection of winners; and/or (9) tie-breaking procedures online listening delays may vary depending upon your Internet connection.