WATM/WWCP-TV the ABC/FOX affiliates in State College, Altoona and Johnstown, PA has an opening for an Account Executive to join our team of integrated Broadcast professionals. This position will report to the Director of Sales. The Account Executive position is responsible for selling WATM/WWCP-TV, as well as a full suite of digital product offerings. Ideal candidate will reside in State College, Altoona or Johnstown, PA, have a strong work ethic, the drive to succeed, be detailed orientated, have outside sales experience, and the ability to work in a changing, fast-paced environment.
General Responsibilities (but not limited to):
▫ Maintain a current client list as well as developing new business
▫ Excellent grammar, writing and communication skills
▫ Ability to work independently and manage your time effectively
▫ Ability to solve problems
▫ Business or marketing degree preferred or equivalent in years of experience.
▫ Previous work in media sales is preferred.
▫ Must have strong administrative skills.
▫ Must have strong prospecting skills
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “WATM/WWCP Account Executive” in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
WATM/WWCP-TV and Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.
WWCP/WATM-TV the ABC/FOX affiliates in Johnstown/Altoona/State College is looking for someone to join a team of dynamic journalists and videographers to produce a highly visual, information-packed lifestyle show. FOX8 News Now covers everything you can think of, from fashion to food and everything in between. You will be responsible for the day-to-day producing operations in conjunction with the show’s host.
- Book guests for daily talk show, between 15 to 18 individuals a week
- Coordinate shoots and pretapes for sponsored segments, i.e. Food Friday, Money Monday, Spotlight Music Series and others
- Coordinate shoots and pretapes for non-sponsored segments
- Write daily scripts in coordination with host and executive producer
- Update calendar daily with guest information, i.e. cell numbers, what they are coming on to speak about, b-roll, etc.
- Sending guests segments upon request
- Maintain show archive
- Build rapport with various entities throughout our viewing area, from politicians to public relations firms to local businesses and community leaders
- Cutting basic b-roll and other video in Premiere Pro
- Pulling packages from FOX Edge and CNN
- Responsible for weekly briefings with sales and production staff on show lineup and upcoming shoots
- Additional digital and social media responsibilities as needed
- Minimum two years of television production experience
- BA in Communication, Journalism, or related field
- Strong writing, punctuation and grammar skills are a must
- Accuracy and attention to detail is imperative
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines
- Focused and creative, yet flexible
If this is you, please submit resume to email@example.com and include “WWCP-Writer/Producer” in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
WWCP/WATM-TV and Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!