Jason Sizemore, from Butterhead Kitchen, shares a recipe for Vegan Energy Bites – a snack packed with fiber and protein!
We love making a batch of these so we have a go-to snack to hold us over in between meals. They are packed with fiber & protein & taste like a guilty-pleasure while still being pretty healthy!
Butterhead Kitchen Vegan Energy Bites
(prep time: 10 minutes , freeze time: 60 minutes, makes: 28 )
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup nut or seed butter of choice
- ½ cup ground flax seed (or sub almond flour, oat flour or 2 servings plant based protein powder, topping off with ground flax seed, nut or oat flour, to make ½ a cup)
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup maple syrup or agave (¼ cup if using protein powder)
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds (raw or roasted)
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
Additional add-ins: ¼ cup of crushed nuts, crispy cereal, dried fruits, etc. You may need to add more nut/seed butter depending on the amount of add-ins you use, to make the bites stick together
- Add ingredients to a large bowl, in the order they are listed above.
- Fold ingredients together using a rubber spatula.
- Roll with hands to form into gumball-sized balls.
- Place on a parchment paper or foil lined plate or tray & freeze for one hour.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
Butterhead Kitchen is a Vegan Cooking Class and Small Batch Vegan Products Company. Visit Butterhead Kitchen to learn more.