Police are investigating some sort of toxic exposure that lead residents to evacuate their homes Saturday night in suburban Johnstown. The Chief of the Oakland Fire Department tells us that they along with Police were called to a Triplex home a little after 11pm Saturday night in the 1200 Block of Linwood Avenue in Stonycreek Township after Residents in some units said they were experiencing headaches and burning eyes.
First Responders say they encountered a toxic burning rubber smell in the building. The Chief said those living in one of the units however refused to evacuate initially, before eventually departing with backpacks and leaving in a vehicle. The Chief says some drugs and drug paraphernalia were found inside that unit. Stonycreek Police say their investigation is ongoing.