skip to Main Content

Somerset County Garage Explosion

Authorities say one man was flown to the hospital after an explosion in Somerset County.

Crews were called to a home along Ord Street in Salisbury.

Police say the man was trying to light a heater in a garage when it exploded.

Emergency officials say the man suffered second degree burns to his face and hands.

Damage from the explosion was contained to the garage.

Columbia Gas Company responded to make sure there were no gas leaks.

Authorities say the man was taken to West Penn Hospital.

The state police fire marshal is investigating.

Back To Top