Jason Sizemore, from Butterhead Kitchen, shares a recipe for Plant Based Tuna Salad.
Plant Based Tuna Salad
(prep time: 10 minutes, cook time: 0 minutes, serves: 4-8)
- 15 oz can of chickpeas (drain and rinse)
- 2 Tbsp room temperature tahini (can use vegan mayo if desired)
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup diced organic celery
- 1 Tbsp chopped capers
- 3 diced dill pickle spears
- ½ tsp dill
- pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Gently mash the chickpeas in a large bowl using a fork or potato masher. Do not use a food processor, as you just want the chickpeas gently mashed.
- Add the tahini, mustard, & maple syrup. Fold together until well blended.
- Add the remaining ingredients and fold together.
- Serving suggestions: As is, on a sandwich, with fresh vegetables as a dip, on baguette slices, on cucumber slices, or on a salad.
Butterhead Kitchen is a Small Batch Vegan Products Company, offering vegan cooking classes. Visit Butterhead Kitchen to learn more. You can follow Butterhead Kitchen on Instagram @butterheadkitchen.