Jason Sizemore, from Butterhead Kitchen, shares a recipe for Cranberry Pecan Chocolate Chip Corn Muffins.
Cranberry Pecan Chocolate Chip Corn Muffins
(prep time: 10 minutes, cook time: 18 minutes, makes 10-12)
- 3 Tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 ¼ cup oat flour (you can make your own if you wish by high speed blending dry oatmeal)
- 1 ¼ cup ground cornmeal or corn flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flaxseed meal, oat flour, cornmeal, cinnamon and baking soda.
- Add water and maple syrup.
- Fold together with a spoon until blended.
- Add cranberries, chocolate, and pecans. Fold together.
- Place a little less than ¼ cup (ice cream scoop is best) of batter into 12 muffin tin sections. I use a silicone pan so no greasing of the pan is necessary. Adjust depending on what you are using.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, poking with toothpick after 18 minutes to check if done. If toothpick is dry, remove from oven.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes and enjoy!