1. No purchase necessary. By entering this contest, you agree and understand that your information will be shared with the contest sponsor (FOX 8, ABC 23, THIStv, and Antenna TV) but will not be sold or shared with any other agency. The contest will begin on Thursday, April 28, 2016 and end on Wednesday, May 25, 2016. (Contest Period)
2. Contestants may enter on a daily basis at fox8tv.com and abc23.com from Thursday 4/28/2016 – Wednesday 5/25/2016. One contestant will be randomly selected from all eligible entries to be awarded the grand prize. Contestants can register on our websites (fox8tv.com and abc23.com) by entering the phrase that is found in each of the following shows:
ABC23’s: “Good Morning America” (7am-9am Mon-Fri), “The Doctors” (9am-10am Mon-Fri), “Who Wants To Be A Millionaire” (10am-11am Mon-Fri), “Steve Harvey” (4pm-5pm Mon-Fri), “Dr Oz” (5pm-6pm Mon-Fri), “Jeopardy!/Wheel of Fortune” (7pm-8pm Mon-Fri), and “The Jimmy Kimmel Show” (1135pm-1235am Mon-Fri).
FOX 8’s: “Maury” (11am-12pm Mon-Fri), “Jerry Springer” (12pm-1pm Mon-Fri), “Paternity Court” (1pm-2pm Mon-Fri), “Hot Bench” (2pm-3pm Mon-Fri), “Peoples Court” (3pm-4pm Mon-Fri), “Mike & Molly” (6pm-7pm Mon-Fri), “Modern Family” (7pm-8pm Mon-Fri), “FOX 8 News at Ten” (10pm-1035pm Mon-Fri), and “Jeopardy! II*” (1035pm-1105pm Mon-Fri).
For all programs, if the program is pre-empted for special programming, the code will appear in the special program during the same time period.
Once you obtain the phrase from each of the above listed shows, you will have 30 minutes from the conclusion of the show to log on to the website to enter. Websites to enter codes are as follows:
All codes from shows on ABC 23 – http://abc23.com/Contests/ContestUnique7ABC.asp
All codes from shows on FOX 8 – http://fox8tv.com/contests/ContestUnique7.asp
3. In order to become a contestant, entrants must meet specifications as outlined in items 3-21 of the official rules and regulations for the WWCP FOX 8/ WATM ABC 23/ THIStv/ Antenna TV Mexico Getaway Giveaway.
4. All Qualified contestants will be entered into the Grand Prize drawing. One winner will be randomly selected and awarded the Grand Prize (Certificate for 7 nights at the Adults Only El Dorado Seaside Suites in an Oceanfront Infinity Pool Jacuzzi Suite, Cancun, Mexico, for two and includes roundtrip airfare from Washington Dulles International Airport with private roundtrip transfers in Cancun. Certificate applies only to bookings made by phone with Montrose Travel and does not apply to bookings made online on Montrose Travel.com. Reservations must be made a minimum of 60 days prior to departure. Travel must be completed by August 31, 2016 and is subject to certain blackout dates, rules and restrictions. There is no cancellation or refund policy applicable to this certificate; once redeemed it becomes null & void. Any additional amount is the responsibility of the traveler and must be paid to Montrose Travel. Please note that a processing fee may be applied. When booking your travel with your certificate, we may inform you that certain car and hotel reservations do not allow pre-payment. In these instances, reservations will need to be purchased by the traveler and a reimbursement check up to, but not exceeding, the face value of the certificate will be issued by Montrose Travel to the traveler, after travel has been completed and receipts submitted to Montrose Travel. Montrose Travel is not responsible for any lost or stolen certificates. Restrictions apply. This certificate must be presented to Montrose Travel prior to making travel arrangements. Gift Certificate must be used in conjunction with a Montrose Travel booking and is not redeemable for travel booked through an agency or travel supplier other than Montrose Travel – retail value $4,291.82) provided they continue to meet the specifications as outlined in the rules.
5. The Grand Prize Winner will be notified on Thursday, 5/26/2016. Winner will be notified at the telephone number listed on the contest registration.
6. Individuals may only enter once per show per day during the duration of the WWCP FOX 8/ WATM ABC 23/ THIStv/ Antenna TV Mexico Getaway Giveaway.
7. One individual per household may only enter once per show per day during the duration of the WWCP FOX 8/ WATM ABC 23/ THIStv/ Antenna TV Mexico Getaway Giveaway.
8. Contestants must be 18 years of age or older to be eligible to win.
9. Grand prize winner and guest must possess a valid US passport to complete travel to Mexico.
10. Prize must be collected in person at WWCP FOX 8/ WATM ABC 23/ THIStv/ Antenna TV, 1450 Scalp Avenue, Johnstown, PA 15904, not more than 30 days from 5/26/2016.
11. The Grand Prize is not transferable. Except as otherwise provided in the contest Rules, no substitutions or exchanges will be allowed.
12. Grand Prize Winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes. Federal regulations require the sponsor to issue a 1099 Form to the winner for any prize valued above $500.00. Grand Prize Winner will be required to sign and return a Liability/Publicity Release prior to receiving grand prize. Grand Prize Winner will be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility that must include Winner’s social security number or resident alien identification number.
13. WWCP FOX 8/ WATM ABC 23/ THIStv/ Antenna TV do not assume any responsibility for electronic hardware, programming or software malfunctions, or failures, or line connections, accessibility or availability, or technical failures of any kind, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of any entry, email or other information, or for the failure to capture any such information, including those that may decrease or increase the chances of winning or participating in the Contest. Due to Internet delays and/or other technical issues, what you hear on WWCP FOX 8/ WATM ABC 23/ THIStv/ Antenna TV online may be delayed or not functional or malfunctioning during certain times. These events may cause you difficulty in participating in the Contest. WWCP FOX 8/ WATM ABC 23/ THIStv/ Antenna TV do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, including but not limited to technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost/delayed/garbled transmissions. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. In the event this Sweepstakes is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, WWCP FOX 8/ WATM ABC 23/ THIStv/ Antenna TV reserve the right to cancel, terminate, or suspend the Sweepstakes and in such event, to select a winner by random drawing from among all valid entries received up to such time of cancellation, termination or suspension.
14. All entries become the sole property of WWCP FOX 8/ WATM ABC 23/ THIStv/ Antenna TV and will not be returned. For the name of the winner, available after the drawing, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Mexico Getaway Giveaway, c/o WWCP/WATM, 1450 Scalp Avenue, Johnstown, PA 15904.
15. WWCP FOX 8/ WATM ABC 23/ THIStv/ Antenna TV are not responsible for accidents, injuries and/or death related to or arising out of the prize(s) being awarded or accepted.
16. Prize(s) cannot be redeemed for cash unless specified above and must be accepted as awarded, or prize(s) will be forfeited. WWCP FOX 8/ WATM ABC 23/ THIStv/ Antenna TV reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
17. WWCP FOX 8/ WATM ABC 23/ THIStv/ Antenna TV reserve the right to use the winner’s likeness, name, photograph and voice for any and all promotional purposes.
18. Employees and family members of WWCP FOX 8/ WATM ABC 23/ THIStv/ Antenna TV, their franchises, and their respective agencies are not eligible to enter or win this contest.
19. Employees and family members of competing media (broadcast television, cable television, radio, newspaper) their franchises and their respective agencies are not eligible to enter or win this contest.
20. Any individual who has won any contest sponsored by WWCP FOX 8/ WATM ABC 23/ THIStv/ Antenna TV within a one year (365 day) period of 5/25/2016 with a grand prize retail value of $500 or greater shall be ineligible to win. The selected winner will be disqualified if they, or any member of their household, have won any contest with a grand prize retail value of $500 or greater sponsored by WWCP FOX 8/ WATM ABC 23/ THIStv/ Antenna TV within a one year period.
21. In the event that the grand prize winner does not meet the requirements or fails to claim the prize as outlined above, an alternate winner will be selected from the remaining qualified contestants one month from the date of the original drawing. Any alternate winner must meet the contest requirements as set forth. This alternate selection process shall continue until a qualified winner is selected.
22. Dates for entering the Contest are 4/28/2016 – 5/25/2016.
Compliance with the Communications Act of 1934 & FCC Rules
The above-described Contest and the posting of Material Terms and Rules is WWCP/WATM’s good faith effort to comply with the statutory provision regarding contests as set forth at Section 508 of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended (the “Act”) and the requirements of the Federal Communications Commission (the “Commission”) governing the broadcast of licensee-conducted contests set forth in Section 73.1216 of the Commission's rules (i.e., 47 C.F.R. §73.1216). These rules require that a licensee that broadcasts or advertises information about a contest that it conducts shall fully and accurately disclose the material terms of the contest, and shall conduct the contest substantially as announced or advertised. No contest description shall be false, misleading or deceptive with respect to any material term.
a. For purposes of 47 C.F.R. §73.1216, the term “contest” is defined as a scheme in which a prize is offered or awarded, based upon chance, diligence, knowledge or skill, to members of the public. “Material terms” include those factors which define the operation of the contest and which affect participation therein. Although the material terms may vary widely depending upon the exact nature of the contest, they will generally include: (1) how to enter or participate; (2) eligibility restrictions; (3) entry deadline dates; (4) whether prizes can be won; (5) when prizes can be won; (6) the extent, nature, and value of the prizes; (7) the basis for valuation of prizes; (8) time and means of selection of winners; and/or (9) tie-breaking procedures. online listening delays may vary depending upon your Internet connection.