FOX 8, ABC 23, THIS West Central Pennsylvania
South Hills School of Business & Technology
ABC 23, FOX 8 and THIS West Central Pennsylvania are teaming up with South Hills School of Business & Technology to make this years' Prom safe and alcohol free. Register to win a free limo ride to and from your Prom and $300 for your pre-Prom dinner! Enter for a chance to win every day online at abc23.com or fox8tv.com. Ten second place winners will be selected to start their summer off right with a pair of tickets to Idlewild Park.
What are you waiting for? PROMise to make your Promo safe and alcohol free and enter today for your chance to win limo transportation and $300 from South Hills School of Business & Technology, ABC 23, FOX 8 and THIS West Central Pennsylvania.
Official Rules and Regulation for WATM ABC 23 / THIS 23.3 / WWCP FOX 8 and South Hills School of Business & Technology PROMise:
1. No purchase necessary. By entering this contest, you agree and understand that your information will be shared with the contest sponsor (South Hills School of Business & Technology) but will not be sold or shared with any other agency. The contest will begin on Monday, March 17, 2014 and end on Sunday, April 20, 2014. (Contest Period).
2. One grand prize winner will randomly be selected on Monday, April 21, 2014, from all eligible registrations to receive roundtrip limousine transportation for no more than eight (8) people to their Prom and $300 cash. (Retail Value - $700) In order to be eligible, registrants must submit entry online at www.abc23.com or www.fox8tv.com. Registrants must meet specifications as outlined in items 3-21 of the official rules and regulations.
3. Entries must be received by midnight on 4/20/14 in order to be eligible.
4. Individuals may only submit one entry per day on the website during the duration of the WATM ABC 23 / THIS 23.3 / WWCP FOX 8 South Hills School of Business & Technology PROMise.
5. Only one individual per household per day may submit one entry per day on the website and one entry per day on the mobile site during the duration of the WATM ABC 23 / THIS 23.3 / WWCP FOX 8 South Hills School of Business & Technology PROMise.
6. Registrants must be 16 years of age or older.
7. Limousine service limited to WATM/WWCP viewing area. Limousine service only valid for High School Prom 2014.
8. Ten second place winners will be selected to win a pair of tickets to Idlewild Park (retail value - $70)
9. The odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
10. The prize drawing will take place on Monday, April 21, 2014, and winner will be notified at the phone number listed on the registration.
11. Grand Prize must be collected in person at WWCP FOX 8/WATM ABC 23/THIStv 23.3, 1450 Scalp Avenue, Johnstown, PA 15904, no later than 5/21/14.
12. Prize is non-transferrable. No substitutions or exchanges will be allowed. No cash value. Winning contestant is responsible for the expense of taxes and any transfer fees.
13. WATM ABC 23 / THIS 23.3 / WWCP FOX 8 do not assume any responsibility for electronic hardware, programming or software malfunctions, or failures, or line connections, accessibility or availability, or technical failures of any kind, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of any entry, email or other information, or for the failure to capture any such information, including those that may decrease or increase the chances of winning or participating in the Contest. Due to Internet delays and/or other technical issues, what you hear on WWCP FOX 8/WATM ABC 23/THIStv 23.3 online may be delayed or not functional or malfunctioning during certain times. These events may cause you difficulty in participating in the Contest. WATM ABC 23 / THIS 23.3 / WWCP FOX 8 do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, including but not limited to technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost/delayed/garbled transmissions. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. In the event this Sweepstakes is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, the for WATM ABC 23 / THIS 23.3 / WWCP FOX 8 reserve the right to cancel, terminate, or suspend the Sweepstakes and in such event, to select a winner by random drawing from among all valid entries received up to such time of cancellation, termination or suspension.
14. All entries become the sole property of WATM ABC 23 / THIS 23.3 / WWCP FOX 8 and will not be returned. For the name of the winner, available after the drawing, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: South Hills PROMise, c/o WWCP/WATM, 1450 Scalp Avenue, Johnstown, PA 15904.
15. By receipt of any Contest prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless WATM ABC 23 / THIS 23.3 / WWCP FOX 8, their subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
16. Prize(s) cannot be redeemed for cash unless specified above and must be accepted as awarded, or prize(s) will be forfeited. WATM ABC 23 / THIS 23.3 / WWCP FOX 8 and South Hills School of Business & Technology reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
17. WATM ABC 23 / THIS 23.3 / WWCP FOX 8 and South Hills School of Business & Technology reserve the right to use the winner's likeness, name, photograph and voice for any and all promotional purposes.
18. Employees and family members of WATM ABC 23 / THIS 23.3 / WWCP FOX 8 and South Hills School of Business & Technology, their franchises, and their respective agencies are not eligible to enter or win this contest.
19. Employees and family members of competing media (broadcast television, cable television, radio, newspaper) their franchises and their respective agencies are not eligible to enter or win this contest.
20. Any individual who has won any contest sponsored by WATM ABC 23 / THIS 23.3 / WWCP FOX 8 with a grand prize valued at $500 or more within a 365 day period of 4/21/2014 shall be ineligible to win. The selected winner will be disqualified if they, or any member of their household, have won any contest sponsored by WATM ABC 23 / THIS 23.3 / WWCP FOX 8 with a grand prize valued at $500 or more within a 365 day period of 4/21/2014.
21. In the event that the grand prize winner does not meet the requirements as outlined above, an alternate winner will be selected from the remaining qualified contestants. Any alternate winner must meet the contest requirements as set forth. This alternate selection process shall continue until a qualified winner is selected.
22. Contest dates are 3/17/14-4/20/14.
Compliance with the Communications Act of 1934 & FCC Rules
The above-described Contest and the posting of Material Terms and Rules is WWCP/WATM's good faith effort to comply with the statutory provision regarding contests as set forth at Section 508 of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended (the "Act") and the requirements of the Federal Communications Commission (the "Commission") governing the broadcast of licensee-conducted contests set forth in Section 73.1216 of the Commission's rules (i.e., 47 C.F.R. 73.1216). These rules require that a licensee that broadcasts or advertises information about a contest that it conducts shall fully and accurately disclose the material terms of the contest, and shall conduct the contest substantially as announced or advertised. No contest description shall be false, misleading or deceptive with respect to any material term.
a. For purposes of 47 C.F.R. 73.1216, the term "contest" is defined as a scheme in which a prize is offered or awarded, based upon chance, diligence, knowledge or skill, to members of the public. "Material terms" include those factors which define the operation of the contest and which affect participation therein. Although the material terms may vary widely depending upon the exact nature of the contest, they will generally include: (1) how to enter or participate; (2) eligibility restrictions; (3) entry deadline dates; (4) whether prizes can be won; (5) when prizes can be won; (6) the extent, nature, and value of the prizes; (7) the basis for valuation of prizes; (8) time and means of selection of winners; and/or (9) tie-breaking procedures online listening delays may vary depending upon your Internet connection.