<<BACK

Bheam Ave Fire
2/28/2014
 
  View Video
 
 
She was doing something most of us do every morning, cooking breakfast.  But something went terribly wrong.  The woman somehow caught herself on fire and the flames quickly spread throughout her home.  That is the voice of a man who lives across the street from this Bheam Avenue home that caught on fire early Friday morning.  He says he and his wife were upstairs getting ready for the day when they heard a woman outside screaming.  The man says he and several of his neighbors rushed to help by patting the woman down with snow, throwing water on her and covering her with this now scorched jacket.  The firefighters were able to control the flames and keep the frame of the home standing but the inside we were told is severely damaged especially the kitchen where the crews believe the fire started accidentally by the badly burned elderly lady that lives inside alone who was just cooking breakfast. 
  
 
  FIND NEWS BY THE FOLLOWING:
Category
County